BETWEEN DIGITAL PUBLISHING AND TECH
I’m an accomplished hybrid—a senior publishing, product and marketing strategy creature. I started as an editor at ELLE and a creative producer at MTV, spent time in the digital media startup world and switched into ecommerce as Product and Merchandising lead at Barnes&Noble.com. As Editorial Director for Nook and Head of Europe, iBooks at Apple I managed publishing, product, content, go-to-market, acquisition and partnerships with publishers in the Americas, Asia and EMEA. As Strategy Director, Social Media at WPP, VP Content Strategy at Edelman and freelance strategy lead, I’ve worked with among others ADP, GE and Ford.
I’m at home working with cross-functional teams in sprints, boards and anywhere in between as well as presenting to partners, clients, peers, senior leaders, c-suites and junior talent. I thrive developing and driving strategy and process, uncovering insights via data, research and stakeholders input, identifying and reaching audiences, establishing and meeting honest KPIs.
WHAT I’VE DELIVERED
- content as product, content tools and platforms, digital reading, user experience and customer journey optimization for digital media and ecommerce.
- international expansions, micro targeted campaigns, positioning, GTM, product marketing, partner marketing, marketing programs and strategic partnerships for publishing, tech, Saas and consumer brands.
- audience development, content marketing, thought leadership, narratives, content programs, multi-channel content strategy, amplification and distribution for digital media, B2B, B2C and CPG.
WHOM I’VE WORKED WITH
Developed and presented strategies, GTM, roadmaps and results to partners, clients, c-suites, tech, sales, product and business teams in:
- tech—Apple, GE, Flex
- Saas—ADP, IpSoft, Infor
- advertising and communications—WPP, Edelman
- ecommerce and consumer brands—Barnes&Noble.com, Ford, Mars
- publishing and media—Elle, MTV, Nook
Negotiated and managed partnerships, content and marketing programs with:
- platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google, Twitter
- publishers and media such as Penguin Random House, New York Times, Conde Nast, Harper Collins, Hachette, NBC.
WHAT I DO
- Marketing strategy
- Product marketing
- Partnerships and partner marketing
- Content marketing, content strategy and all things content
- Go-to-market, roadmaps, iterations and beyond
- Digital media, publishing, social media, editorial brands
- Global targets, micro targets and international
- Digital media and marketing program management
- Establish and meet honest KPIs
- Collapse the digital/social funnel from awareness to conversion and retention
- Competitive landscape and positioning
- Narratives, thought leadership, amplification, audience development
- All of the above supported with insights and knowledge based on primary and secondary qualitative and quantitative research and stakeholders input.
An organism that expands, contracts, morphs, iterates, and permeates physical, digital, solid, and conceptual entities, objects, ecosystems, and creatures.
Cities, towns, buildings, and spaces organized by taxonomies and connected by paths. If the navigation isn’t intuitive, it needs to change (or it becomes a labyrinth).
USER a.k.a. AUDIENCE a.k.a CONSUMER
The center, target, and focus of a healthy and functional ecosystem.
The perfect beginning. Or so we think. We’ll know better when we develop it.
I love beauty with a purpose, even if the purpose is to be beautiful.
I pursue elegance in ecosystem behavior.
I believe in editorial talent, intelligent design (of the human kind), and smart code.
METHODS AND MANNERS
Yale Publishing Course, Advisor and Lecturer (2011-2013).