BETWEEN DIGITAL PUBLISHING AND PLATFORM TECHNOLOGIES
I’m a senior strategy, product marketing and internet creature. As Director of Product Marketing at Dataminr and Nacelle, and, previously, as Global Senior Product Marketing Lead at Wiley, I’ve managed go-to-market, lifecycle, messaging, positioning, brand and creative strategy for AI, machine learning, data orchestration and research platforms and products. As Director of International for Nook and Head of iBooks Europe at Apple I’ve managed publishing, product strategy, content, go-to-market, content acquisition and partnerships in the Americas, Asia and EMEA.
Before that, I founded QP, a boutique strategy shop helping large B2B, SaaS, and B2C businesses and publishers optimize digital strategy and reach. As Director, Product Marketing and Strategy at my shop, and as VP Content Strategy at Edelman, I worked with among others ADP, GE, Red Hat, Mars, and Ford.
I started my professional life as an editor at ELLE and a creative producer at MTV Latin America, spent time in the digital media startup world, and switched into commerce as Product and Merchandising lead at Barnes&Noble.com where I worked on the launches and growth of eBooks, Nook, the international business, the Spanish language division, and the optimization of the non-fiction business.
The global nature and the diversity of my experience have led me to be at at home working with cross-functional teams in sprints, boards and anywhere in between; presenting to partners, clients, peers, senior leads, c-suites and junior talent. I thrive developing and driving strategy and process, uncovering insights via data, research and stakeholders input, identifying and reaching audiences, establishing and meeting honest KPIs.
WHAT I’VE DELIVERED
- GTM, product marketing, marketing programs and strategic partnerships
- Messaging, narratives, and thought leadership
- Content as product, content tools and platforms, digital reading devices and platforms
- User experience, buyer, customer and user journey optimization discovery, strategy and optimization
- international expansions, micro targeted campaigns, positioning
- audience development, content marketing, content programs, content strategy, amplification and distribution
WHOM I’VE WORKED WITH
Developed and presented strategies, GTM, roadmaps and results to partners, clients, c-suites, tech, sales, product and business teams in:
- digital publishing and media—Wiley, Elle, MTV, Nook
- AI/ML and data orchestration—Dataminr, Nacelle
- tech and hardware—Apple, GE, Flex
- Saas—ADP, Red Hat, IpSoft, Infor
- advertising and communications—WPP, Edelman
- ecommerce and consumer brands—Barnes&Noble.com, Ford, Mars
Negotiated and managed partnerships, content and marketing programs with:
- platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google, Twitter
- publishers and media such as Penguin Random House, New York Times, Conde Nast, Mondadori, Harper Collins, and Hachette.
WHAT I DO
- Marketing and communications strategy
- Product marketing and product strategy
- Partnerships and partner marketing
- Content marketing, content strategy, all things content
- Go-to-market, roadmaps, lifecycle, and beyond
- Digital media, publishing, social media, editorial brands
- Brand and style development and management
- Global targets to micro targets
- Digital media and marketing program management
- Collapse the digital/social funnel from awareness to conversion and retention
- Competitive landscape and positioning
- Messaging, narratives, thought leadership, amplification, audience development
- All of the above supported with insights and knowledge based on primary and secondary qualitative and quantitative research and stakeholders input.
An organism that expands, contracts, morphs, iterates, and permeates physical, digital, solid, and conceptual entities, objects, ecosystems, and creatures.
Cities, towns, buildings, and spaces organized by taxonomies and connected by paths. If the navigation isn’t intuitive, it needs to change (or it becomes a labyrinth).
USER a.k.a. AUDIENCE a.k.a CONSUMER
The center, target, and focus of a healthy and functional ecosystem.
The perfect beginning. Or so we think. We’ll know better when we develop it.
I love beauty with a purpose, even if the purpose is to be beautiful.
I pursue elegance in ecosystem behavior.
I believe in editorial talent, intelligent design (of the human kind), and smart code.
METHODS AND MANNERS
Proud and happy Founding Member at Tech Ladies.
Geek as in She Geeks Out.
Yale Publishing Course, Advisor and Lecturer (2011-2013).